WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  30 years practice. Author of several articles.

I am over $100,000 in debt and I make about $30,000/year.

I am over $100,000 in debt and I make about $30,000/year. I am considering bankruptcy, but would like to know as much about the process as I can before I call a lawyer. I have tried a consolidation loan, but that just put me more in debt. I have contacted a debt settlement place, but I couldn't afford the payment plan. I live in Massachusetts and would like to get this resolved as soon as possible. Help! Can you please provide me with as much information as possible, such as, what is the normal attorney fee for this? What debts does it actual cover? Do I have to pay any of it back? How long does the process take? What do I do about the harassing phone calls? Thank you
This is like explain the world without anything specific. has some good information and is a good place to start. The Institute for Financial Literacy will give good advice and does not try to sell a debt settlement plan or anything of the like.

Sorry, I can't provide anything more specific.