jbrlaw
jbrlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Creditors' rights lawyer involving collections, foreclosures and bankruptcies for almost 19 years.
7883151

I need to file bankruptcy asap. I just got notice that my ...

I need to file bankruptcy asap. I just got notice that my wages are to be garnished for credit card debt. All of my accounts are in collections. I can''t afford Bankruptcy attorneys fees in a lump sum. I need to make installments. Who do you recommend in Southern California
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  jbrlaw replied 8 years ago.
You can file bankruptcy on your own., but it is a bit difficult and confusing. You can get forms from the bankruptcy court clerk's office or many places online. You will still have a filing fee to pay the clerk.

You can contact legal aid in your area for assistance. One of them is Legal Aid Foundation of LA (http://www.lafla.org/contact/index.asp).

You may also contact local law schools to see if they have bankruptcy clinics that can handle this for you.

If, however, you are a wage earner, you may qualify to file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy and many lawyers permit their fees (not the court's filing fees) to be included in your repayment plan. I would recommend this route if you think that you qualify.

If this information was responsive, kindly "ACCEPT" so that I may receive the appropriate credit for my time. If you are so inclined, bonuses and positive feedback are always appreciated. Of course, if you require further clarification, please post a reply. Thank you and good luck!
***************************************************
Please note that I may not be licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction. As such, my above comments shall not be construed as legal advice and shall not be deemed to form an attorney-client relationship.