jbrlaw
jbrlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Creditors' rights lawyer involving collections, foreclosures and bankruptcies for almost 19 years.
7883151

i filed chapter 7 in 2003, discharge was in August of that ...

i filed chapter 7 in 2003, discharge was in August of that year. When I filed for chapter 7 I had three Mortgages thru the same company, during the process the mortgage company sent only two of the loans for reaffirmation, the third was missed by their attorney's. In 2006 Green Tree sent me a 1099-c. The problem is that cancelation of debt is still showing on the title. What steps are needed to remove it from the title? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If I understand your question properly, send a copy of the discharge to the creditor and demand removal of the lien. If this is ineffective, you may file a petition in your bankruptcy court to force compliance or file an action to "quiet title" in state court.

If this information was responsive, kindly “ACCEPT so that I may receive the appropriate credit for my time. If you are so inclined, bonuses and positive feedback are always appreciated. Of course, if you require further clarification, please post a reply. Thank you and good luck!

***************************************************
Please note that I may not be licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction. As such, my above comments shall not be construed as legal advice and shall not be deemed to form an attorney-client relationship.