Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I reaffirmed my truck in my chapter 7 bankruptcy that just ...

Customer Question

I reaffirmed my truck in my chapter 7 bankruptcy that just got discharged. Am I able to change it and surrender my vehicle? If so, how?? I was laid off and I cannot afford it and it''s gas. Please, help!! Thank you
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

You have the right to rescind a reaffirmation at any time prior to the entry of your discharge or within 60 days after the reaffirmation agreement is filed with the court, whichever occurs later.

If you missed both deadlines, unfortunately, you are personally liable for the debt.

To rescind a reaffirmation agreement, you must mail a written notice to the creditor informing the creditor that you are rescinding the reaffirmation agreement. Send the original letter to the creditor and a copy to the bankruptcy clerk’s office.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please hit ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonuses and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.
You are very welcome.