jbrlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Creditors' rights lawyer involving collections, foreclosures and bankruptcies for almost 19 years.

after an entry of default has been entered against ...

Customer Question

after an entry of default has been entered against homeowners in a mortgage forclosure suit, how much time do the homeowners have left before they must vacate the property
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  jbrlaw replied 8 years ago.
In what state is the property/lawsuit located? I will try to be more specific. Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
the state is florida
Expert:  jbrlaw replied 8 years ago.
Foreclosure auctions in Florida typically take place 30 days after judgment is filed, at 11:00 am on the county courthouse steps. However, Florida foreclosure law states that the notice of sale shall be published at least 3 consecutive weeks, the last such notice not less than 5 days prior to the sale. So, this may delay the lender's actions until it complies with its obligations. You should not count on a delay though. You will need to defend the action or file a bankruptcy to keep the property if you so desire.

If this information was responsive, kindly “ACCEPT so that I may receive the appropriate credit for my time. If you are so inclined, bonuses and positive feedback are always appreciated. Of course, if you require further clarification, please post a reply. Thank you and good luck!

Please note that I may not be licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction. As such, my above comments shall not be construed as legal advice and shall not be deemed to form an attorney-client relationship.