VanDLaw
VanDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Chapter 7 & 13

i filed a chapter 13 and it didnt go through and ...

i filed a chapter 13 and it didn''t go through and i''m not under bankruptcy but my on my credit report it says i am. What do i need to do to get this off my credit report. It''s been over a year now.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  VanDLaw replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Get a copy online of all three credit reports. They have a page once you do this to "dispute" a reporting on the credit report. Go through their dispute process, they have 30 days by law to confirm the negative report. If they can't confirm it, or the get no response from the creditor it must be deleted.

If this doesn't work, send them all a copy of the bankrutpcy dismissal action and request the bankruptcy be removed.

It may be they are reporting that you filed bankruptcy only, which is true. Look closely at what it is showing on the report.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Reply to VanDLaw's Post: i don't have dismissal papers cuz they were burned in a fire. Then what do i to get the credit report to take the dismissed off my credit because the creditor are abot to get paid off. Now i have there info. How does it come off or does it have to stay on for 7 years even after dismissed

Bankruptcy chapter 13-dismissed     
Date Filed 11/16/2006   
Reference #(NNN) NNN-NNNN   
Court US BKPT CT TN NASHVILL   
Plaintiff    
Liability 0   
Asset Amount
Expert:  VanDLaw replied 5 years ago.
If they are showing you filed bankrutpcy, it will stay on your credit report for 10 years now. They should update their records to show dismissed. Simply send them the paperwork you have or contact the courthouse to get a copy of the dismissal.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
once it shows that it has been dimsissed will it stop me from gettin aproval for loans of any type such as house new car or motorcycle
Expert:  VanDLaw replied 5 years ago.
What the bankrutpcy notation on your file does will be up to the individual lender. Some take it more seriously than others. Some will still loan you money to buy cars, boats, etc. they may just give you a higher interest rate. The fact that it was dismissed will hurt you less, but they will still see that you filed and flag you a higher risk than others who never filed bankrutpcy at all. Again, there is no way to tell for sure. Bankrutpcy discharged doesn't necessarily keep you from getting loans in the future.
VanDLaw, Attorney
Experience: Chapter 7 & 13