Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

i live in south carolina when my husband and i were not ...

i live in south carolina when my husband and i were not married we bought a house i supplied down payment so my name was on the deed but not on the loan my mother has put some of her assets in my name for her care in the future and i have received a notice of a judgment hearing against me for the home even though i was not on the loan will they take my mother''s money

If you're on the deed but not the note to the bank, the foreclosure cannot effect you financially. The bank cannot make you pay on any of the debt.

The reason you were sued is because you have an interest in the house, and the bank cannot get good title to the property from the foreclosure proceedings unless you are sued as an owner of the property.

It is likely that if you offer the bank a quitclaim deed for your interest in the property, the'll dismiss the case against you.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you can't be held responsible for the note if you didn't sign it.