Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

i had a payment agreement with a debt collector to pay off ...

i had a payment agreement with a debt collector to pay off an old debt that was accord to them on judgement. which i have been paying for the last 5 months or so my june payment was due on the 27th how ever i wasn''t able to make a payment until the seventh the amount was acept and taken from my bank account then yesterday i recived a letter from a court marshall that they want to garnish my wage 10% for each check and that they want to tag a 9% interest fee i was unemploy for a long time and i have been work for the last two year since then i have been trying to pay off my old debts i have manager to payoff 3 accounts andworking on my student lond but this interest rate i will never finish paying this off what do you suggest

The lender has a right to garnish your wages after obtaining a judgment. Thus, the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you cannot stop the creditor from garnishing you.

However, you should ask that the pay arrangement in place be allowed to continue until the balance can be paid off in full. If they give you a hard time, you may want to bluff that you may be losing your job, and in that event, a garnishment would be worthless. Even though this is not true, it may convince them to let you proceed as you've been doing.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If not, please click "Accept" so I may receive credit for my time. Thanks.