JoeLawyer
JoeLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in the practice of Bankruptcy Law since 1996
2990824

I have several credit cards that are in the tax id #s of ...

I have several credit cards that are in the tax id #s of various companies. I had to provide my ss# XXXXX a credit check, but I never signed any personal guarantee. Would that be buried somewhere? What typically happens on company credit cards that go into default?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  JoeLawyer replied 8 years ago.

DKL:

Generally credit cards that go into default will attempt farming it out to various collection agencies, and if that doesn't work, they either file a lawsuit or sell the account in-bulk to some collection firm, who then files a lawsuit in their own name as assignee of the credit card company.

Generally, most credit card lender will not give a credit card to a corporation and require a personal guarantee from someone since a corporation is really just a $90 piece of paper. I would be surprised if the fine print on whatever you signed doesn't have some type of guarantee, but I suppose it is possible.

I hope this helps and a positive feedback is always appreciated if this was useful to you.

Joe

LEGAL NOTICE: I am only licensed to practice law in certain state(s) and I cannot give legal advice to someone who does not reside in a state in which I am licensed, nor shall anything I say in the above answer or elsewhere on this site be deemed legal advice, even to someone who resides in a state in which I am licensed. Fees I receive for answering questions are paid for information, not for legal advice. This forum is designed to provide general information only, and information herein is not warranted to be correct or applicable in any way since laws may have been misinterpreted herein, since laws change from time to time, and since the impact of those laws on any particular situation varies. The information presented in this site shall not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek independent legal counsel in their jurisdiction for guidance regarding their individual circumstances. Do not take any action or inaction based on information presented herein since it is informational and may not be accurate or applicable to you; it merely attempts to give you a basis of knowledge to help you formulate questions to ask a legal or other professional in a face-to-face meeting in your jurisdiction. Joseph Ross does not hold himself out to be a specialist or expert in any area, regardless of assertions made by any third party, and any implication of being an expert or specialist herein is made in error. I hope the information presented above is useful to you. Answer above (c) by Joseph Ross, all rights reserved.