WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  30 years practice. Author of several articles.
10306577

THE QUESTION IS SHOULD I FILE BANKRUPTSY

Customer Question

ME AND MY DECESE HUSBAND BOUGHT A TRUCK IN JULY OF 1995 . MY HUSBAND PASSED AWAY IN OCTERBER, 1995 . I PAID ON THE TRUCK FOR TWO YEARS . I HURT MY BACK AND COULDNT WORK , SO I GOT BEHIND ON THE PAYMENTS . THEN I MOVED TO CALIF. I STILL HAD THE TRUCK . GMAC SUED ME IN COURT, I NEVER PAID THEM . THEY SIGNED OFF OF THE LOAN . NOW 13 YEARS LATER THEY HHHHAVE TURNED THIS OVER TO A COLLECTION AGENCY, THEY SAY I OWE THEM 56.000.00 DOLLARS I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY THEM , I WAS TOLD BY A FRIEND THAT AFTER 10 YEARS THEY HAVE TO TAKE THIS OFF YOUR RECORD , I HAVE ANOTHER FRIEND THAT SAYS THAT IF I DONT FILE BANKRUPTSY AND GET THIS OFF MY RECORD THAT IF I EVER GET A HOME I WONT BE ABLE TO SELL IT WITHOUT PAYING THIS FIRST . IS THIS TRUE , DO I NEED TO FILE BANKRUPTSY.          THANK YOU GIPSY ROSE QUALLS...[email protected],,,PHONE XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WA Bankruptcy Lawyer replied 8 years ago.
Where was the judgment entered?
Have they registered it in California?
Has it expired according to its own terms?
Have they or can they renew it in the original state?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1 THE JUDGEMENT WAS IN CALIF. 2-I DONT KNOW FOR SURE BUT I THINK THEY DID,E-I DONT KNOW IF THERE WAS AN EXPERATION DATE,,4 - I DONT KNOW , IT WAS 10 YEARS AGO,HOW WOULD I FIND OUT. YOU SEE I GOT MARRIED AGAIN . AND DIVORCED . HE GAVE ME 1/2 THE HOUSE OR WHEN HE PASS,S IT WILL BELONG TO ME . I GAVE HIM THE RIGHT TO LIVE IN THE HOUSE TILL THEN , BUT A FRIEND TOLD ME IF HE PASS,S AND I WANT TO SELL THE HOUSE , THEY WILL MAKE ME PAY THIS . THAT IA WHY I ASK DO I NEED TO FILE BANKRUPTSY , NOW SO I CAN GET THIS CLEARED UP . THANK YOU
This is getting too complicated for here. You need a good bankruptcy attorney I. California who can order a title report and copies of the documents. There is too much that you don't know and, worse don't have the ability to find out.