How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WA Bankruptcy Lawyer Your Own Question
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 25
Experience:  30 years practice. Author of several articles.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Who should file bankruptcy

Resolved Question:

We live in Florida. I owe $60K for several credit cards (secure & unsecure credit). The last time I used those credit cards was 6 months ago. I have been paying the credit cards on time but my checking acct is almost negative. My husband has nothing to do with the credit cards debt. He is only responsible for a loan of $227 for our townhouse we bought together in Aug 2006 that it is now worth $147K. (I am one month behind only). We can''t even refinance because the property is not worth the debt owed. My husband is unemployed and I can''t pay my credit cards anymore.
Pls let me know if I should be the only one filing bankruptcy for my credit debt, and loan which is in both of our names?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WA Bankruptcy Lawyer replied 8 years ago.
You need a Florida bankruptcy lawyer but I would not file a joint case in these circumstances. I would also stop paying the credit cards. Paying the mortgage is much more important.
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you