Law Girl
Law Girl, Attorney
Experience:  I am an attorney.
635143

what happens when a judgement is placed adainst your home

this would be a credit card judgement. the credit card was issued to a business that is out of business. i am personally signed. i have offered several settlements. they will not accept any.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thank you for your question.

If you personally signed for the debt, you can be held accountable for it, even if the company is out of business. Unfortunately, the credit card company, as you have found out, has no obligation to accept a settlement. If you make it attractive enough they may, but they may choose to take judgment against you which they can enforce pursuant to the laws of your state. Some states allow liens against personal property, levies on personal bank account and/or wage garnishment to satisfy a judgment.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!

-KAT

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Law Girl's Post: if you make payments can they enforce the judgement and make yu sell your house to satisfy the judgement