How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WA Bankruptcy Lawyer Your Own Question
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 25
Experience:  30 years practice. Author of several articles.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband an I filed for bankrupcty in 2006.We wanted to ...

Resolved Question:

My husband an I filed for bankrupcty in 2006.We wanted to keep our home and car. The notes were 1600.00 a month. We were feeding a family of four and paying bills of of 300.00 a week so, we decided to give up our home which reduced our payment to 801,00 a month. Then we decide to move back to our home town which was cheaper. I however, did not have a job. We feel behind on our payments and our attorney suggested we do a voluntary dismissal and refile. He said we could get a lower rate because with the bankrupcty we only have our car and 3 loans . What do you suggest. We would still need to pay another retainer fee. and other necessary cost to refile and also take a credit counseling class.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WA Bankruptcy Lawyer replied 8 years ago.
WIthout knowing what the other loans are it is impossible to tell. Why not convert to Chapter 7? There might be a downside on the car but why are you staying in a 13 if you gave up the house? I don't see any benefit to the 13.
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you