WA Bankruptcy Lawyer
WA Bankruptcy Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  30 years practice. Author of several articles.

My husband an I filed for bankrupcty in 2006.We wanted to ...

My husband an I filed for bankrupcty in 2006.We wanted to keep our home and car. The notes were 1600.00 a month. We were feeding a family of four and paying bills of of 300.00 a week so, we decided to give up our home which reduced our payment to 801,00 a month. Then we decide to move back to our home town which was cheaper. I however, did not have a job. We feel behind on our payments and our attorney suggested we do a voluntary dismissal and refile. He said we could get a lower rate because with the bankrupcty we only have our car and 3 loans . What do you suggest. We would still need to pay another retainer fee. and other necessary cost to refile and also take a credit counseling class.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WA Bankruptcy Lawyer replied 8 years ago.
WIthout knowing what the other loans are it is impossible to tell. Why not convert to Chapter 7? There might be a downside on the car but why are you staying in a 13 if you gave up the house? I don't see any benefit to the 13.