Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I felt I was bullied and discriminated against by the use of

Customer Question

I felt I was bullied and discriminated against by the use of petty disiciplinary actions until I broke down and realised I was working in a hostile environment. So I eventually resigned at my employers request.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I lodged a Crime and Corruption complaint QLD Australia, however my witness failed to give evidence at the last minute and this left my allegations unable to be substantiated. I chose to try and put it all behind me. When yesterday my previous employer in Local Govt contacted my current employer in State Govt to request that I not be allowed to make contact with their local govt officers, alleging that there legal actions with Council. I feel this is discriminatory and vexatious. Puts me at a disadvantage as if this was adhered to I would be unable to function as an equal member of my existing team. This would put my Employer and myself at a disadvantage. Please advise?
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time temporary. No union membership at present.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it , thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Evening.

How going ago did you resign?

Have the legal actions finished?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
August 30 2015
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Did the legal actions finish then or are they still going on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No legal actions initiated by me. But I have recently lodged a complaint with QLD Crime and Corruption Commission about the vexatious actions of my previous employers contacting my current employer.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

It is not a vexatious action but it can be seen as an action aimed at forcing you to be fired.

Is your current employer prepared to give evidence?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Maybe my employer would. But at this stage I do not want to piss my new employer off by being seen as a difficult person.
I just got a letter back from the CEO the Local Council advising that he has passed the matter onto his Governance and Integrity Unit for immediate investigating.
Think I will leave this enquiry for a while. I am finding it too much effort to fill you in. Will see what happens.
I just wanted to know the bot***** *****ne on this matter. So that I could maintain my stance with the CEO and make sure they Act with harsh disciplinary actions on the Managers that have goaded me for many years. Even now to my new job.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

It appears that they may still be targeting you and you have done the right thing.

All the best and good luck

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards