Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Do you answer family law questions re child maintenance,

Customer Question

Do you answer family law questions re child maintenance JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: Queensland JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: No the husband moved out about 5 yrs ago and the wife stayed in the family home . instead of child support he paid the house payments is this legal for him not to pay child support JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: He is now demanding the wife to pay the rates even though it is all in his name. Plus they are still married is she entitled to half his super

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning.

You have to make an application for child support through the agency. If you agreed that he pay the mortgage then it is legal.

But you are the one that has to apply for child support. If you do not then he will not be forced to pay.

If the child is still under 18 you can make the application and he will have the money taken out of his pay and you will then be paid.

Here is the link for you.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/applying-child-support-assessment

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards