Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Im having an issue with the people that live on my property.

Customer Question

Hi there im having an issue with the people that live on my property. There are 3 dwellings and my partner and myseld live in one my parents live in the other and my partners parents live in the other my parents my partner and myself are on the mortgage and my partners parents. We had all agreed to pay the same amount off the mortgage. The people that arent on the mortgage are not paying and they have become very nasty. We want them to move out, they are saying they wont go unless we pay them out. As far as im concerned they are paying rent. And i am able to evict them if they dont pay.They however feel as though they have rights.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Qld
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: These people are very aggresive and abusive and im scared to go home
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Evening.

Was the mortgage taken out for all 3 properties or did the third not need a mortgage because they paid for their property in full?