Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My ex partner and i came to a Financial settlement several

Customer Question

my ex partner and i came to a Financial settlement several months ago which the Family Court has stamped
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: nsw but thers more
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we are still going to Court over parenting matters but she has reently contacted me and made an offer to meet my parenting requests if I pay her a further lump sum. can she do this? it seems like exxtortion ie holdiing my childsren to ransome ???
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Afternoon

It is extortion and if you can get her to put in in writing then I suggest you show this to the court to show the type of person she is.

It is highly inappropriate to put a price on the time the children spend with their father.

I would suggest you say to her in order for me to consider anything I need it in writing.

See what she comes back with and if it was verbal you send her an email to confirm the discussion and make the request that she put it in writing so you can get proper legal advise to consider it.