Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I recently receive a bill from my old account which feel is

Customer Question

hi i recently receive a bill from my old account which feel is extremly over charged and also there no proof the work was done as i was never sigoff on
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: western australia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we rently moved to new accountant because this guy was not doing the work
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning.

You have the right to question the account and ask them to provide the evidence of the work undertaken.

You have a right to report the accountant to their registered body and have them investigate.

Challenge the account and ask them for more information. If the file was transferred to your new accountant you can ask the new accountant about what had been done by the old accountant and have them provide a report to back you in any challenge.

If they sue you the information you will be requesting can be used to challenge the court case for the fees.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards