Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My wife recently Took IVO ( Interim ) against me. its is not

Customer Question

Hi My wife recently Took IVO ( Interim ) against me. its is not true. police and social workers pushing to get it done. verbal abusing and slap to face infront of two kids ( 7 Y4 ). how can i withdraw this. or change it . or contest it. she spke to me after the cout via my friend on speeker phone. i tols its not her decesion but police social worker and legal aid pushing to get full ivo. what shal i do now
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Vic , Dandenong
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes. first i received safety notice on 2/1/17 and had hearing in court 5/1/17. court issues interim and next mention on 8/2/17
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i got the video Tape which police given. since two kids judge waiting for DHS report on 8/2/17. what is DHS report mean
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning.

I am sorry to hear about this.

You cannot with draw them you can only defend them.

She has to goto court and advise that she has no fear and that she does not wish to pursue the action. Your problem is that if you approach her and try and get her to do this you are in breach and you will then be charged with a criminal offence making it worse.

You need to get your self a lawyer to represent you and have it set down for a hearing. This is the only way to go and once the court hears that there was not violence and there is no fear it will be dismissed.

I hoe this makes sense and is of assistance. If am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive. If there is nothing further

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards