Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have a permanent physical disability. My father has told

Customer Question

I have a permanent physical disability. My father has told me when he passes I am going to inherit a substantial amount of money and that my sister is to look after it so i dont loose my pension. He has stated this in his will. My family has since told me they are going to fight me for it. What I want to know isvhow can I protect myself. I am in victoria.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Afternoon

They can contest the will of your fathers and you cannot do anything about it. Your father should be seeing a solicitor to make sure that he provides enough information to back up why he has made his will the way he has.

I draft a statement by the testator that is very detailed and if there is any challenge the statement is evidence of the testators intention at the time he made the will and his reasons.

It has not full proof but it will show the court the mind set and reasons for the will of the deceased.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards