Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am deciding when to seek legal advice and ave already

Customer Question

Hello, I am deciding when to seek legal advice and ave already spent a large sum of money with an unreasonable ex-partner regarding a family law matter and need to be mindful of spending any more.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we have completed mediation, he has claimed several times to have filed and I've received nothing to date. latest is he will cancel our daughters Australian passport due to me and her being eligible for Italian Dual citizenship, and secondly he wants 50/50 custody (not time spent with). I am waiting for further contact via him or his solicitor
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has had 4 or 5 different address since October, no known vehicle, employment is unknown and he claims he is doing work experience, doesn't pay the agreed child support and claims he is a victim of domestic violence due to my emails trying to control him - this being me asking if he has suitable equipment such as cot etc to care for a 14 month old child
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.
Hello
50/50 is completely unworkable. His solicitor is not doing him any favours advocating that.
He also needs to pay child support, and disclose his position as to finances, employ, and assets.
No contact with the children should be given till he has a fixed address.
What is the current status? Are you in court at the moment?
Please click accept / rate my service thus far. I am able to answer further questions after doing so for free.
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.