Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Can you tell me whether a solicitor can manage my affairs

Customer Question

Can you tell me whether a solicitor can manage my affairs when I pass away? I am about o write a will at a very late stage. I have no relatives or family in Australia and wish to leave my assets to my nieces and Nephews in the UK. It would be difficult for them to manage this from this distance and they have never been to ***** am 65 and giving this to a friend is an option but they are my age and I have no one younger to take on this resonsbility. Look forward to hearing form you.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in the ACT.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not as yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this stage.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning

You can appoint anyone you want as your executor in your will, it can be a solicitor or accountant.

You should let them know they are being appointed and also give them a copy of the Will

There should also be a charging clause in the will if they are going to do the legal work of applying for probate and they will be able to tell you about that.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further, Happy New Year and

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards