Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have been divorced for two years and we currently have a

Customer Question

I have been divorced for two years and we currently have a property in Ireland that was not part of the divorce settlement. We agreed to sell the property and put it on the market about 6 months. Two real estate agents have both suggested that we lower the asking price, however my ex wife will not agree to this. How do we proceed from here to sell the sell the house as quickly as we can. We have both moved on with our lives and have new partners and want this final closure thank you William
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: We have both been living in Perth for 9 years. Our house is in Donegal Buncrana Ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The original asking price was 215000 euro and we have been advised to lower it to 185000 euro
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning.

If the property is not mentioned in the assets of the property settlement you have a problem because the property settlement can be set aside for failure to disclose.

Have you had a independent valuer look at the property and give you a price? If not this is the way to go so that you are both happy and can proceed.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards