Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My question relates to giving temporary primary guardianship

Customer Question

My question relates to giving temporary primary guardianship of two high school students to a friend while I am living and working in another state.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Can I revoke the agreement at any time or are there some traps I should be aware of?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: State of South Australia while working in Queensland. No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, the person I want to give this to is a family member and everything is amicable within the family. I just want to know my rights thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Evening.

Where is the other parent?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no other parent, my partner is deceased
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Look I just need to know what rights I'm giving up and whether I can revoke the guardianship easily. I need this information right now and cannot wait for a long drawn out question and answer. Neither can I afford extra money. If you can't assist please refund my money thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, I was expecting online chat, there was nothing to suggest that this expectation would not be met. I cannot be near a computer for several hours. Sorry for the inconvenience. please refund whatever you have charged to my Visa card.
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning.

You get limited guardianship for the time you are away,

How long do you anticipate you will be away for. How old are the children?