Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My stepsons 16 year old sister has moved in with him as her

Customer Question

my stepsons 16 year old sister has moved in with him as her mother has kicked her out of home. she is still going to school and he is supporting her. His real estate has said she has to fill in residential tenancy application form to be able to leave there and that the owner can refuse permission. Also she can not complete most of the questions on the form as she is a school student with no income. can you please advise
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nsw
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: for her no. the property manager gave my stepson the form today when he told her that she had moved in and told him to get her to fill it in and sign it and provide all the id listed. the only id she has is her learners permit. the rest is nit applicable as she is a supported minor
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Evening.

Does your stepsons lease say how many people can live in the house?