Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I recently applied for newstart allowance, I was given an

Customer Question

Hello, I recently applied for newstart allowance, I was given an appointment for a phone interview. When the phone rang (late for the appointment) I was in another room and did not get back to the phone in time. I then called back straight away but got no answer. I continued to call and wait in the phone queue for almost three hours. In the end I tried calling the number for assistance in languages other than English, I explained the situation and was told to wait a while, and I waited, thinking she would contact the appropriate people and put me on straight away, but no, another 45 minute wait. As I am looking for work, I decided not to wait further as I needed to call prospective employers. I now am faced with the only option being to walk into the office and possibly have to wait further. I find it extremely uncourteous and an affront to my dignity that centrelink does not reply to their users on the telephone and that this fact is hindering the process of application. I see no reason that they continue to operate in this way denying the rights of myself and other citizens access to their services by hindering communication process.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Hobart, in Tasmania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, I tried making a complaint, but that was the phone number that they would not answer. From what people have told me, I am not the only one to receive this treatment.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thank you
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 21 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 21 days ago.

Good Afternoon

You should lodge a complaint with Centrelink and you should also attend at the office and see the manager.

Here is the link.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/contact-us/complaints-and-feedback

If you have the name of the person that you were to speak to and those that would not respond make sure you refer to them.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further Happy new year and

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards