How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 43724
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We took out a health policy with CUA Health Ltd.,

Customer Question

We took out a health policy with CUA Health Ltd., specifically to have a hip operation. They debited our account $77.11 per fortnight since 23/10/15. About 5 months later they informed us that they were no longer covering hip operations, surely they need to return our money?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cairns, Queensland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, we have two letters we sent Registered Mail, but have had no reply.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have since joined another Health Insurance, GMHBA , hope to have better service....
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

When you joined was it recommended to you because you wanted the hip operation? Have you been given credit for the new insurer based on the fact that you were in CUA and are not an a waiting list?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I joined specifically for the hip operation. NO, we have had to start all over again, although when we joined GMHBA they said they would honour CUA time. So I booked the operation for February 1 and now they say I have to wait to full time - May 22....
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning.

They have the right to change the policy but based on what they have done I would take the matter to the ombudsman.

If you do not make the complaint they will get aways with this and the ombudsman may make orders that they give you something back. I cannot guarantee it but you have nothing to lose.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistace. If there is nothing further Happy New Year and

Thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.