Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Is it possible to ask for leniency/reduction in fine for

Customer Question

Is it possible to ask for leniency/reduction in fine for driving an unregistered car ( over 3 mths0, although you believed your ex employer paid it as part of wages owed? Got hit with 3 x $650 last week and it was a complete shock! Got it registered next day, have text proof of me pleading for pay re- rego earlier in the tear, unblemished drivi g re ord etc? Bit of an essay I know but $1,950 in 28 days ( I be,ieve...Haven't received fines yet, happened 14/11/16 ).
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nsw
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure exactly what you are asking
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This boss owed me over 3,000 in wages when I quit in April, and although I innitially went through Fairwork.gov , she has ignored all correspondence so I was not planning to file in small claims. Her son is a lawyer in a large Gold Coast firm and I never recie ed a pay slip, penalty rates, cash in hand, no records, etc
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 7 days ago.

Good Morning.

It is always possible to ask for leniency.

You have to explain why you believed that the boss would have paid it and any discussions you had with them. If the boss can confirm this it will also assist.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance, If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Expert:  Leon replied 6 days ago.

Good Morning.

Just checking to see if there is anything else I can assist you with? If not than you for using my services and take care

Regards