Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have been threatened called names had my character defamed

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have been threatened called names had my character defamed and lied about horribly on Facebook the actual things said were " I'm a schitzophrenic pill popping twat" also this said they want to bash me and blatantly lied about things I've done etc all of the above is slander and defamation of my character and its bullying as well. What can I legally do as this person is well known for bashing people and she is also out to get me as unfortunately jealousy has gotten the better of her. I've had enough she is relentless. Where do I stand here?
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Qld and its been since May
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I have asked Facebook to take it down as its harassment and hate speech but they said its within their community guidelines. I'm gob smacked at their response. Their is nothing right about this persons posts. I have older children and if they see it they will be reLly hour
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: really hurt
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 3 months ago.

Good evening.

Print out the posts and see a solicitor that practices in defamation and have them send a letter threatening them with action unless it is withdrawn and an apology posted comparing the lies.

This is how you have to deal with this and people that have read it have to give evidence on what the posts made them feel about you.

You have to give evidence on how they started to treat you different and anything negative that has happened because of the posts.

The law society of QLD can refer you.

Here is an example of what can happen to this person.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/facebook-and-defamation-when-a-post-costs-you-dearly/news-story/d2fc66b72b36e8cbfec1f16d88a484d5

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards