Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have a cousin who is a barrister and who has been on

Customer Question

I have a cousin who is a barrister and who has been on facebook with my daughter for 5 or 6 years. I sold a block of land that my daughter and I owned and did so because I was threatened with Legal action and she had a barrister to help her. That was 5 years ago. Last year my daughter hit me with I had ripped her off when I bought her out of joint house and 3 !/2 acres, I did not have it valued and that I was in big trouble and she had a barrister to help her. I phocopied all the relavent documents and valuation and sent them to her. I never heard another word about it but found out just in the last few weeks that the Barrister's brother my other daughter, her children and my brothers children have been saying nasty things about me on Facebook in group session since 2012 The Barrister was in on these sessions but didn't say any thing detrimental. I presume my cousin the Barrister has been giving my daughter advice in private chatrooms on Facebook. My question is how legal is this? and what can I do about it? Thank you
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: N.S.W.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Against me? I bought my daughter out 15 years ago and this only reared it's ugly head last year. thanks
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 13 days ago.

Hello
What is the issue here?
The defamatory suggestions or that he was providing advice via Facebook messaging?

Expert:  Daniel replied 13 days ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 days ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.