Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My wife and I are insured with Medibank Private under a

Customer Question

My wife and I are insured with Medibank Private under a Intermediate Overseas Visitors cover, this insurance is a condition of our 410 Visa. Earlier this year my wife was seriously ill and was in hospital for six weeks, three in inmtensive care. Medibank paid for the hospitalisation and we paid for the specialist services which we subsequently claimed from them, the problem is that Medibank have cherry picked what they will and will not pay and we are currently some 10K out of pocket against an !8K claim. We have a case officer appointed but she is impossible to get hold of. Can you help?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We have sent several letters to Medibank, some by recorded delivery but they are not responding.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I have covered the basics.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
File a complaint with the ombudsman:
http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/

It is the more appropriate forum to lodge a complaint and have them look into the matter for you.
They cannot simply pick and choose what they pay, especially in circumstances where you are out of pocket for such a considerable sum.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

As the Ombudsman is the Commonwealth Ombudsman, Medicare report to them, so it would be worth pursuing.

Please leave positive feedback (the stars) as to my service. I am able to answer further questions for free after doing so.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.