Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have been charged of child grooming. Last year I was

Hi I have been charged of child grooming. Last year I was talking to a 14 year old online, i knew she wasn't real but continued. I was in a state of arousal and could not control my desires, although I have never an intent to meet up or even dare try anything like that. I have never been convicted of anything before, and have been a good citizen. I am confused and embarrassed and scared. I have to appear in court of the 2 dec. I need help. I have admitted to the police in the interview as it was all written down documented. I cannot explain why i did so as i was in a completely different state of mind. Can you help.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Good Evening.

The fact that you were talking to an alleged child, whether you knew she was real or not is an offence.

Are you having counselling? If not you should go and find help as this will assist you in court. Also get a solicitor because these are serious charges and you can go to jail and they will also put you on a sexual predators list and you will have alot of difficulties in the future.

Your admissions will be held against you now and you can only plead guilty but you meed to have a solicitor to represent you.

The law institute of victoria will refer you.

https://www.liv.asn.au

Call them tomorrow and get a referral.

These are very serious charges.

Here is some information for you. It holds a 10 year jail term

http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/home/safer+communities/protecting+children+and+families/grooming+offence

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi Leon thank you very much for your response. I am hoping to of course avoid jail as I have never done anything bad or convicted and have a family of my own. Have there been cases where someone's has avoided jail?
Thank you

Good Evening.

If you do not have previous convictions and can convince the court you are getting help then you can avoid jail.

You need to get help though and give the court a copy of the report to assist you.