Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

We have been using a courier company for our online business

Customer Question

Hi there - We have been using a courier company for our online business for the last five years. They have charged us today for fuel surcharges from January of this year and are now going to invoice us - is this fair? They say they had a billing error - see message from our account manager. They do an annual review of operating costs at this time of year to ensure our costs are accurately reflected in our rates and charges. During this review, it has come to our attention that an error in our billing system has affected the application of the fuel surcharge on certain lanes since the beginning of the year. Thoughts please
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Queensland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that we know of. This was an email we received yesterday - apparently the invoice will be sent by the accounts dept today
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They have put our freight charges up by about 140% as well so we are very wary of them now
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

Good Morning

Do you have an agreement with them and are the fees set out in that agreement?

have you always paid in accordance with that agreement?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

Does the agreement allow them to change prior accounts?