Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I am a Key Account Manager (sales rep) and I have been

Customer Question

I am a Key Account Manager (sales rep) and I have been advised that my position is redundant because the state budget (as a whole ) was not being met. I was advised without notice and provided a Deed of Termination and Release. I handed over all company property but refused to sign the Deed.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I work in Qld but Head Office is in NSW and hence the Deed is governed by NWS law.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I received the Deed at 4.00 o'clock and was driven home by the manager with my personal goods from the office. Sorry the answer is no.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Company used the same process on an employee roughly 12 months ago. Also I have emails showing intent to stimulate business activity but the national managers have not assisted me in following though with my plans.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 17 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 17 days ago.

Good Evening.

If your position is no longer available and it is a legitimate redundancy then you have no claim but you are entitled to be paid out.

How long have you been with them?