Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I am on work cover since march the 4th of this year I

Customer Question

i am on work cover since march the 4th of this year I receive $575.00 per week and have just been told that child support is now taking over $100 dollars per week I was not contacted in anyway and informed about this I have had a personal agreement with my ex-wife since we separated my bills are $500.00 per week so if that $100 is taken I am left with no money what is your advise please
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: sorry yes I am in Victoria and my name is ***** ***** my rudeness
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no only found out because my pay was not in my account and rang my work cover Allianz to find out why and they told me about it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that if this goes through I would not be able to see my kids as I will be left with no money to go to Canberra to pick them up
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

The personal agreement with your ex wife was it registered with the agency and did they collect the money?

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Have you questioned how they calculate your support that they are taking?