Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have a 9k debit with csa i have neen trying to pay letting

Customer Question

I have a 9k debit with csa i have neen trying to pay letting them take my tax returns and paying $120 month im stuggling with debit at the moment and they dont care what can i do
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet just threats from them
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes we have a registered business but its in my wifes name it runs at a loss
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
You need to provide more than $120 a month, that will take 6 + years to pay off.

I am afraid your options here are limited, they will attend to garnish wages / bank accounts in respect of same if they act.

I would like to provide some option here, but the amount will need to be higher. I accept you are struggling, but you need to go back with a higher figure.
If it were to go to court, a court would demand payment within 12 months, so there is a need here to reassess.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry out of range i have offered more and they wont except also can they touch my wifes registered company at all
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

As much as I trust you do not want to hear it, if it does go to court, they can have it paid in less time.

They cannot chase the company, but they will use it against you and presume you are hiding assets / money with that entity.
It does come into consideration on that alone, so although they cannot come after it, it will be considered a factor.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's my 2nd wifes company but we are seperated and have a 2 year old also the home was bought with here inheritance from the death of her mother and everything in the house was bought with that aswell but im on the loan that was needed for the rest
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.