Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have a dilemma at the moment i had a "Flatmate" in my

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a dilemma at the moment i had a "Flatmate " in my property for a few weeks. He vacated after such a short time as he found a cheaper property due to the short time frame I didn't lodge a bond to the rta. And still actually have to pay him the bond. ( as he claims he hasn't received my transfer )
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i am a director of a financial company. He is now threatening to go to the police to report criminal activity sorry. Qld
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: To whom ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also threatened to go to office or fair trading. The rba and lodge negative feedback online
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 26 days ago.

hello
Invite him to do so, there is absolutely no recourse here.
He lived there a few weeks, would not warrant any drama at all, let alone triggering action by the police or fair trading.

I wish to help you in this situation.