Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

How can I make child protection services accountable for not

Customer Question

how can I make child protection services accountable for not following the young persons and families act in not conveying a family group conference when it has been requested since jan this year.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Tasmania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have five grandchildren who have been in care since 2007, they are under orders till 18. They have been with the one foster family. The foster parents last Jan moved the family to Queensland. The carers told the department it was for only 12mths. Mid Sept this year, the carers advised the department that the move would be permanent. I have court orders, which to have a continued and valued maintained relationship with my grandchildren. My daughter-n law and her mother, with myself have requested that a conference be granted to discuss the move to Queensland, the team leader keeps saying that when it goes to court for the change over to Queensland Child Protection, then they will only have one if the courts say they have tol
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this moment
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 25 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 25 days ago.

Good Evening,

Are the orders from the family court?