How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An engineering business was to do a job for me and then I

Customer Question

An engineering business was to do a job for me and then I cancelled that job, they went on and made the item anyway and billed me for it, I do not have the item they still have it, but they want me to pay, what are my rights? They have set the collectors on the me and the collectors say that they can sell my property to get the $1200.00 that they want, is this correct and how should I handle this?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

If they made the item after you cancelled the job and you have evidence of this you can defend the claim and not pay.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no evidence only the fact that I picked up the tynes that I provided that were to go on to the item and told the guy not to process.
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Afternoon

You pick up the Tynes? I am sorry I do not understand.