Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

An engineering business was to do a job for me and then I

Customer Question

An engineering business was to do a job for me and then I cancelled that job, they went on and made the item anyway and billed me for it, I do not have the item they still have it, but they want me to pay, what are my rights? They have set the collectors on the me and the collectors say that they can sell my property to get the $1200.00 that they want, is this correct and how should I handle this?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

If they made the item after you cancelled the job and you have evidence of this you can defend the claim and not pay.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no evidence only the fact that I picked up the tynes that I provided that were to go on to the item and told the guy not to process.
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Afternoon

You pick up the Tynes? I am sorry I do not understand.