Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

How much does it cost please? OK, thankyou so much for your

Customer Question

how much does it cost please?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK, thankyou so much for your interest. I cannot afford a fee. Have a good night. Regards, B
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Vic
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes an assault charge against my ex spouse, but it never got through b?c my son could not testify. 18 mnths later, he still is making hell for my life and verbally abusing my son...using his power of a failed assault charge to further himself....my question tonite is can I have another attempt at conviction...i believe I can do it without my son's testimony....I have worked on this since Jan
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No....can I have a limit of $15 worth of question and then be cut off to save money?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Evening.

If the police did not charge him they will not do it now. If you feel you are being harassed and you fell that you are being intimidated and your not safe you can apply for and intervention order so he does not come near you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I googled and it said up to 2 years if new evidence was supplied. You need to realise that when I walked into the Police station that day, I thought it was all about the assault details.. At that time I had no idea what "his story" would be. I have since read his Affidavits for Family Court and he is portraying me as a substance abused "abuser" myself. My alleged abuse came about due to my discovery of his affair which is untrue. Now that I can prove I had no knowledge of his affair until the day he fled overnight and left me homeless, I believe I can enter new evidence. Also there are liver enzymes that can prove I am not substance abused in addition I have a trail of highly technical emails at odd hours to the USA during this alleged period which will disprove that anyone accused of "crawling around on the floor with slurred speech" could coherently write.I also have emails and a dying father whom I travelled in excess of 500kms return trip several times per week to the ICU to visit during this same alleged period of "my drunken abusive" state. The weeks after I was in bereavement and had family visit weekly. He forgot I kept all my emails in the months prior because I was shocked over my father's death. I couldn't delete them. So if my failed prosecution rests on being able to prove my cognitive ability 24 hrs around the clock, with emails to oversees relatives and medical research, then how can his lie stand that I fell drunken to the floor? If so, then is it too late for my son to testify? He wants to now and his counsellor knows too. His father hasn't changed even though he got away with it. My son will be next. Forget about AVO's...they are a joke in the Magistrates Court....herd them in..roll them out...if that's all you've got, well you know the system is broken and corrupt.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never mind...cant afford $82.00....its useless anyway