Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I suffered seizures since I was in the army at 17 due to

Customer Question

I suffered seizures since I was in the army at 17 due to ptsd and bipolar but a phychitarist much later after many hours found my triggers where both panick and anxiety attacks and he prescribed me to go on Kalma which was made for both and originally I was prescribed 12mg of Kalma but I had it reduced to 10mg as my concentration was not as good in the morning so I ended up having 3 kalmas at night and two in the morning and god bless all seisures stopped,but around 3 years back the docs took me off Kalma and put me on Valium over a period of time plus other medications which I turned out to be allergic to,5 valiums at 5 mgs a day and I was having multiple seisures a week,then a so called Dr. Carmelo Nuive decided to remove the valium all in one day which I was put on to that strength over a long period of time, I questioned the Dr if it was safe and he said yes- 3 days later I crashed 16 times in my flat where both knees where badly damaged and still feel the same today,I lost all cartlige in both hip bones and my left foot instead of pointing straight ahead now sits at a 45degree angle at least to other foot and left shoulder bone has now been opperated on but it was trying to push through left shoulder skin,I have been going through miserable pain for around 3 years, and it will be another year before the hospital RAH will have a chance at starting a first hip replacement then at a later period the other hip will hopefully be looked at as they now have no cartlige in between the hip and leg bone so it feels like I have shredded glass in hips when I try to walk but its actually grated bone rubbing together, I feel the dr Nuive or the practice he worked for should pay compensation òr have his license removed as now I have not only stitches in back of skull since then but staples too,can you help me or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning.

Medical negligence is difficult and expensive but you need to get copies of the drs file and clinical notes from the hospital. See a solicitor that practices on a no win no fee basis and get advise on it.

If there is negligence you can claim against him in court.

Here is some information.

http://www.medneg.com.au/truth.html

It is not going to be easy. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards