Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

We have been told that a lawyer handling our international

Customer Question

We have been told that a lawyer handling our international Shares has a international Standardized Lawyer Number:###-##-####- what does this mean in relationship to Australian Complience
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South Australia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the Lawyer is handling a transaction to pay for Warrants on Shares prior to sale
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Are they based on Australia and do you open shares overseas?

There should not be a lawyer involved in share transfers. I am concerned this may be a scam. Have you paid them any money?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have a situation were we have 50.000.00 Suntel Japan shares registered to us that have warrants on them that have to be cleared prior to sale. The cost of this transaction is $2.00 us per Share for 37500 Shares. because i stated that i was not prepared to outlay $75.000.00 us and that i would require security for any money paid they have agreed to fund the transaction by $65.000 with us to pay the Balance with a Secure money back arrangement . The value of the Shares are 50.000 Shares @$8.76 us per Share
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Did you actually buy them?