Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My son's life was tragically taken on the weekend. I am his

Customer Question

My son's life was tragically taken on the weekend. I am his next of kin. He has been separated from his partner since December 2015. Between them both they own two houses. My son lives in one and she in the other. At this stage I requested to the police that no one is to enter the house. My son's ex partner has informed my son's father that she found a key to the my son's house and she had her brother go into the my son's house and he retrieve my son's personal paper work.
My question is where do I stand legally as for the ex partner not to enter the house until I have gathered my son's belongings. Also to retrieve all that she has taken so far whatever the items may be.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 28 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 28 days ago.

Good Morning.

I am sorry to hear about your loss

She is an owner and you cannot stop her. But the paperwork is your sons.

Do you know hoe they own the property if it is joint tenancy or tenant in common?