Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

A qualified electrician was doing a trial shift and made a

Customer Question

A qualified electrician was doing a trial shift and made a fundamental error causing damage to customer equipment. Tried to blame it on the apprentice however the electrician is the professional and the apprentice is still in first year and did not know and says he did not suggest anything. There was only a verbal agreement to do a trial day but it cost about $650 to repair the damage caused. The electrician causing the damage whilst on tiral still wants his full wages and takes no responsibility for his actions. What is the law with respect to trial shifts when considering an applicant? No employment contract had been considered and needless to say he has not been employed as his skills are below par.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 4 months ago.

Are they both employees or contractors?