Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I live in Bundaberg Qld and have vacant land close to CBD

Customer Question

I live in Bundaberg Qld and have vacant land close to CBD this property has not way for me to get to it. My husband bought the land several years ago, my husband died two years ago this month. I have very limited funds and am on a old pension. I have paid rates up to date, the land also has been flooded so that with no entry makes it pretty had to sell.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Queensland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I have been working my way through a lot of other problems
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes the land with no entrance is surrounded by units and housed on one side of a large storm water drain on the other side I have a smaller vacant block. I have been told because I own the block on the other side of the drain its my problem to get across the drain for entry, the thing I don't understand is that I pay separate rates on each block and both have a different street address.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning.

When you say it has no entrance are you saying that it is landlocked with no right of way through another property?