Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

11/12 years ago I received a judgement on fraud I have been

Customer Question

11/12 years ago I received a judgement on fraud I have been waiting on a Police Clearence which was applied for 20/10 (has not arrived) l have been into a police station for help? However was told "it should be OK" as 10 years is up February. I need some help as I need it for s job they will not wait much longer??
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA; head office NSW cannot proceed further until they have it (I spoke with them this morning) I have had no problems since and have held responsible management positions, I am more than happy to see a lawyer here in WA as I need to know where I stand? I had NO help from Police... can you recommend anyone here to see?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I applied on line 20/10 was told 8/10 working days
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no this is trrriblie important !! I had my sister dying and just did stupid thing it's not my character however now it's come back to remind me? i would like to have an aptment asap please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you please call me? 0430 405076
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I requested a lawyer here in Perth (not NSW) as I will need to see them?
Please cancel my request & payment I will call a lawyer myself in Perth.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

It is not an automatic thing.

You have to make an application for them to be spent and the time to that is once 10 years have passed.

Here is detailed information from Legal Aid WA

http://www.legalaid.wa.gov.au/INFORMATIONABOUTTHELAW/CRIME/CRIMINALRECORDS/Pages/OldConvictionsSpent.aspx

Having said that any police clearance you get now will show the conviction until the application is made.

The information I have provided is for WA and I hope it assists and makes sense.

If there is nothing further

You are very welcome and thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards