Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

The company that we have asked the garage door does not

Customer Question

The company that we have asked the garage door does not respond to help to repair the door that is defective. We informed them two months earlier that the door is something wrong and the person who receives the phone calls said to have close workers and will come in a day or two. We agreed to wait, because the door is still functioning. Time passed, maybe two weeks. When the operation has become more difficult we have them again, they promised to call two days to come. It's been a few weeks no one came even phoned. Last week we called again and the person to answer the call gave us the manager who said he would come in a few days. One of us always had to be at home if they come to fix the door. Whole weeks and nobody came even called the phone. We occasionally opening the garage door but we did not go with a car that does not cost the door opening. On Saturday, 29 October 2016, the doors were finally stopped and the garage could not be opened. On Monday 31 October 2016 we called management of this company and we're connected to the manager who told us that we are not in their database.
We recommend them to our neighbors and they get some kind of bonus. Today we are not in their database?
What are our rights in respect of it and who can help?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer:***@******.***
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I live in Tasmania, West Moonah
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My English is no gut I transleted with Googl!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

You need to get an independent person out to give you a quote on what it will cost to repair and also what the issue is and why they are not working., If they can say the installers were negligent then you can sue them for the value of the repair.

I assume you have receipts and quotes?