Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Is it free, I just want the ans to one question, Victoria,

Customer Question

Is it free
JA: The Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: I just want the ans to one question
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yea
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I got caught shoplifting about 200 of goods first time no crime record im 57 but I'm on a 1914 sect 20 bond and finishes in May 2017 for a centrlink deception of funds I got over paid ...im worried that I may go to prison so will the bond effect the first time shop lifting
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

hello
200 items is significant, it is also deemed as stealing, along the same lines as the Centrelink fraud.
At the moment, pay the money back to the shop and or return the items, now.
If already done, even better.

You can be subject to a further bond, suspended sentence, community service. All these need to be looked at before a custodial sentence is imposed.

It is a matter for the court, but considering your age and the 2 charges, a suspended sentence / bond would be appropriate.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you.