Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I hired a painter to paint my house interior half way thru

Customer Question

Hi I hired a painter to paint my house interior half way thru he said he had miss quoted and that the doors where not included so okay I said well just do what you think you quoted when he came back to finish the job he said it would take more than one person and he would get back to me I waited three days and rang and they told me it wold cost $1200.000 more for him to come back and finish I had only with held $500.00 I said no you need to do what you quoted for and he refuse no 1200.00 no job so I got some one else in to finish the job at a cost of
JA: Well, we require $5.
Customer: $1400.00 the problem being I paidthe amount and let it go My mistake but today I heard from work colleague that they had used the same painter and he tod them that I had ripped them off for 1200.00 dollars and that I was an alcoholic what rig does thisperson have to defame this way I wS RIPPPED OFF AND SO Ws my collleague
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nsw
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no I rang the painter to ask him and he said he would sue me for slander you ffff alcoholic
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know ow this contractor has the right to think hr can do this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am really upset about this an how aggressive he was whilst doing the job and when I spoke he said he wasgoing to take me for slander yet he is slandering me with a work colleague
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello I have had no response
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
What is the is
The quote, or the threat of being sued for slander?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.