Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

It relates to a parking ticket from private parking firms

Customer Question

It relates to a parking ticket from private parking firms and the authority they may have. I have received a ticket from being parked in a private carpark. The signage said 2hrs and I have a ticket from a private parking organisation 30 mins after I parked there
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Queensland. This was the carpark of a buildinad and oof riad
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: off road
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

What exactly is is your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a parking ticket issued by a private parking service organisation outsourced by the building owners. I was parked in the building carpark at 7.30pm. I had been there for 30mins. The sign clearly stated that there is a 2hr limit and the car park is monitored 24/7. There appea
rs to be bullying of parkers and I would like advice as to how I should approach this
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I appreciate that it is easier to call for this. I will try further with the organisation initially and possibly return to you at a later time. Thank you for the time
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

Do you have evidence when you parked?